- 500 Selbstporträts27,95 €
- Classic Greek Masterpieces of Sculpture34,99 €
- Exotic: A Fetish for the Foreign58,99 €
- Van Gogh: His Life and Works in 500 Images19,99 €
- Muse13,99 €
- Citizen Portrait: Portrait Painting and the Urban Elite of Tudor and Jacobean England and Wales61,99 €
- Leonardo, Michelangelo, and the Art of the Figure39,99 €
The challenge of interpreting and recreating their own likenesses has proven irresistible to artists throughout the ages. Originally published more than 80 years ago and last revised in 2000, this wholly new edition for 2018 presents a selection of powerfully evocative works by many of the world's greatest artists - from Dürer and Rembrandt to Marina Abramovic, David Hockney, and Cindy Sherman - working in painting, photography, sculpture, and performance. Flowing in a chronological sequence, with interspersed artist quotes, it features essays by Julian Bell and Liz Rideal. This is both a useful resource and a thoughtful celebration of a much-loved art form.