- JFK's Forgotten Crisis (eBook, ePUB)9,95 €
- European Fairy Tales from the Renaissance to the Late Victorian Era (eBook, ePUB)72,95 €
- Power of Place (eBook, ePUB)27,15 €
- BRICS and Resistance in Africa (eBook, ePUB)69,95 €
- Betraying Big Brother (eBook, ePUB)13,95 €
- On Practice and Contradiction (eBook, ePUB)8,95 €
- tolino shine 3118,00 €
Late Victorian Holocausts focuses on three zones of drought and subsequent famine: India, Northern China; and Northeastern Brazil. All were affected by the same global climatic factors that caused massive crop failures, and all experienced brutal famines that decimated local populations. But the effects of drought were magnified in each case because of singularly destructive policies promulgated by different ruling elites.
Davis argues that the seeds of underdevelopment in what later became known as the Third World were sown in this era of High Imperialism, as the price for capitalist modernization was paid in the currency of millions of peasants' lives.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, B, BG, CY, CZ, D, DK, EW, E, FIN, F, GR, HR, H, IRL, I, LT, L, LR, M, NL, PL, P, R, S, SLO, SK ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: Verso
- Seitenzahl: 480
- Erscheinungstermin: 01.01.2017
- ISBN-13: 9781781683606
- Artikelnr.: 41070736