- The Taiping Heavenly Kingdom (eBook, ePUB)64,95 €
- Autumn in the Heavenly Kingdom (eBook, ePUB)8,95 €
- The Gate of Heavenly Peace (eBook, ePUB)10,95 €
- The Sextants of Beijing: Global Currents in Chinese History (eBook, ePUB)11,95 €
- tolino shine 3118,00 €
- Fortunate Sons: The 120 Chinese Boys Who Came to America, Went to School, and Revolutionized an Ancient Civilization (eBook, ePUB)8,95 €
- Hong Kong (eBook, ePUB)8,95 €
Whether read for its powerful account of the largest uprising in human history, or for its foreshadowing of the terrible convulsions suffered by twentieth-century China, or for the narrative power of a great historian at his best, God's Chinese Son must be read. At the center of this history of China's Taiping rebellion (1845-64) stands Hong Xiuquan, a failed student of Confucian doctrine who ascends to heaven in a dream and meets his heavenly family: God, Mary, and his older brother, Jesus. He returns to earth charged to eradicate the "demon-devils," the alien Manchu rulers of China. His success carries him and his followers to the heavenly capital at Nanjing, where they rule a large part of south China for more than a decade. Their decline and fall, wrought by internal division and the unrelenting military pressures of the Manchus and the Western powers, carry them to a hell on earth. Twenty million Chinese are left dead.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, B, BG, CY, CZ, D, DK, EW, E, FIN, F, GR, HR, H, IRL, I, LT, L, LR, M, NL, PL, P, R, S, SLO, SK ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: W. W. Norton & Company
- Seitenzahl: 432
- Erscheinungstermin: 17.12.1996
- ISBN-13: 9780393285864
- Artikelnr.: 59593347