- The Battle for Algeria (eBook, ePUB)46,95 €
- The Steppe and the Sea (eBook, ePUB)36,95 €
- Multicultural China in the Early Middle Ages (eBook, ePUB)65,95 €
- The Tongking Gulf Through History (eBook, ePUB)37,95 €
- The Story of the Negro (eBook, ePUB)22,95 €
- Korea's Grievous War (eBook, ePUB)57,95 €
- Buddhism and Islam on the Silk Road (eBook, ePUB)26,95 €
Counter Jihad is the first history of America's military operations against radical Islamists, from the Taliban-controlled Hindu Kush Mountains of Afghanistan, to the Sunni Triangle of Iraq, to ISIS's headquarters in the deserts of central Syria, giving both generalists and specialists an overview of events that were followed by millions but understood by few. Williams provides the missing historical context for the rise of the terror group ISIS out of the ashes of Saddam Hussein's secular Baathist Iraq, arguing that it is only by carefully exploring the recent past can we understand how this jihadist group came to conquer an area larger than Britain and spread havoc from Syria to Paris to San Bernardino.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, B, BG, CY, CZ, D, DK, EW, E, FIN, F, GB, GR, HR, H, IRL, I, LT, L, LR, M, NL, PL, P, R, S, SLO, SK ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: University of Pennsylvania Press, Inc.
- Seitenzahl: 400
- Erscheinungstermin: 18.10.2016
- ISBN-13: 9780812293463
- Artikelnr.: 47874595