- The Oldest Gay in the Village - A powerful, moving and very personal account of one man's experience of being gay over the last nine decades (eBook, ePUB)3,99 €
- Hold Tight Gently (eBook, ePUB)11,95 €
- Wild Heart: A Life (eBook, ePUB)9,99 €
- Something For The Weekend (eBook, ePUB)7,99 €
- Christopher and His Kind (eBook, ePUB)9,49 €
- tolino shine 3109,00 €
- The Corporation (eBook, ePUB)6,99 €
In Before Night Falls, Arenas tells of his odyssey from young rebel fighting for the Revolution, through his suppression as a writer, his disillusionment with Castro, his imprisonment and torture, to his eventual exile from Cuba to New York, where in 1987 he was diagnosed with AIDS. He committed suicide in 1990, ending a life of constant struggle against repression. In a farewell note, Arenas wrote:
Due to my delicate state of health and to the terrible depression that causes me not to be able to continue writing and struggling for the freedom of Cuba, I am ending my life ...
I do not want to convey to you a message of defeat, but of continued struggle and hope.
Cuba will be free. I already am.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, B, BG, CY, CZ, D, DK, EW, E, FIN, F, GB, GR, HR, H, IRL, I, LT, L, LR, M, NL, PL, P, R, S, SLO, SK ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: Profile
- Erscheinungstermin: 09.12.2010
- ISBN-13: 9781847651693
- Artikelnr.: 38459829
The Temple of the Spirits
The Morning Fog
The Night, My Grandmother
The Rub Pub
Theatrics and the Chicken Farm
Good-bye to the Chicken Farm
The Cuban Book Institute
The Four Categories of Gays
Jorge and Margarita
Santa Marcia [Saint Queer]
The Abreu Brothers
The Sugar Mill
The Padilla "Case"
A Trip to Holguíin
Again at El Morro
An "Open" Jail
Out on the Street
The Monserrate Hotel
Good-Bye to Virgilio