- Mysteries of Mars (eBook, PDF)22,95 €
- Host Stars and their Effects on Exoplanet Atmospheres (eBook, PDF)58,95 €
- The Nature of Life and Its Potential to Survive (eBook, PDF)33,95 €
- tolino shine 3119,00 €
- How Likely is Extraterrestrial Life? (eBook, PDF)45,95 €
- The Design and Engineering of Curiosity (eBook, PDF)29,95 €
- Formation, Evolution, and Dynamics of Young Solar Systems (eBook, PDF)125,95 €
This book serves as a wonderful primer for anybody interested in our planet's geological past and that of other planets in our Solar System and beyond. It illustrates not only how our planet's surface evolved, but also how granite played a pivotal role in the creation of complex, intelligent life on Earth. There has long been a missing element in popular astronomy, which Stevenson now aims to fill: how geological and biological evolution work in a complex partnership, and what our planet's own diversity can teach us about other rocky worlds.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, B, BG, CY, CZ, D, DK, EW, E, FIN, F, GB, GR, HR, H, IRL, I, LT, L, LR, M, NL, PL, P, R, S, SLO, SK ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: Springer-Verlag GmbH
- Erscheinungstermin: 31.08.2018
- ISBN-13: 9783319915036
- Artikelnr.: 56812540
"This book is great reading for anybody seeking a broad introduction to recent research on our planet's geological past and that of other bodies in the Solar System. ... The style of referencing is admirable: ... . This is essential when reporting interdisciplinary research to people unfamiliar with the field." (Simon Mitton, The Observatory, Vol. 139 (1270), June, 2019)