- The Semantics of Polysemy (eBook, PDF)93,95 €
- Cognitive Models in Language and Thought (eBook, PDF)118,95 €
- Coordination Relations in the Languages of Europe and Beyond (eBook, PDF)115,95 €
- Language and Memory (eBook, PDF)111,95 €
- Speech, Memory, and Meaning (eBook, PDF)93,95 €
- A Cognitive Linguistics View of Terminology and Specialized Language (eBook, PDF)93,95 €
- Metaphor and Metonymy at the Crossroads (eBook, PDF)24,95 €
About fifty years ago, Stephen Ullmann wrote that polysemy is 'the pivot of semantic analysis'. Fifty years on, polysemy has become one of the hottest topics in linguistics and in the cognitive sciences at large. The book deals with the topic from a wide variety of viewpoints. The cognitive approach is supplemented and supported by diachronic, psycholinguistic, developmental, comparative, and computational perspectives. The chapters, written by some of the most eminent specialists in the field, are all underpinned by detailed discussions of methodology and theory.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, B, BG, CY, CZ, D, DK, EW, E, FIN, F, GR, HR, H, IRL, I, LT, L, LR, M, NL, PL, P, R, S, SLO, SK ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: Gruyter, Walter de GmbH
- Seitenzahl: 432
- Erscheinungstermin: 12. Mai 2011
- ISBN-13: 9783110895698
- Artikelnr.: 44418926
Yoshikata Shibuya in: Cognitive Linguistics 4/2007"To end on a personal note, I hope that Polysemy: Flexible Patterns of Meaning in Mind and Language will provoke a number of discussions in related fields, leading to a number of interesting findings and the development of polysemy research in the future."Yoshikata Shibuya in: Cognitive Linguistics 4/2007