- Autism Service Delivery (eBook, PDF)116,95 €
- Assistive Technology (eBook, PDF)80,95 €
- Contextual Cognition (eBook, PDF)38,95 €
- Affect-Language Interactions in Native and Non-Native English Speakers (eBook, PDF)71,95 €
- Neural Correlates of Thinking (eBook, PDF)160,95 €
- Research in Clinical Pragmatics (eBook, PDF)107,95 €
- The Nature of Language (eBook, PDF)78,95 €
This volume therefore looks at different language processing domains, such as speaking, listening, reading, as well as discourse and text processing, to evaluate the role attention plays in such performances; and also at how often linguistic inputs affect attentional processing. In this sense, it proposes that the attention--language interface is bidirectional. It also considers applied issues like language disorders, bilingualism and illiteracy, where the attention--language interface seems especially relevant as a theoretical apparatus for research investigations. Therefore, this volume brings closer theoretical explanations from the language sciences and cognitive sciences. It argues that language processing is multi-modal in its very essence and many conceptual structures in language evolve out of a complex interplay among participating cognitive systems such as attention and memory, supported by vision and audition.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, B, BG, CY, CZ, D, DK, EW, E, FIN, F, GB, GR, HR, H, IRL, I, LT, L, LR, M, NL, PL, P, R, S, SLO, SK ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: Springer-Verlag GmbH
- Erscheinungstermin: 09.10.2015
- ISBN-13: 9788132225928
- Artikelnr.: 44039979
"Attention and language are isolable but also interacting cognitive systems. Each system is a complex of deeply interconnected components; consequently the nature of their interactions is an exciting and multifaceted domain for cognitive science thinking and research. In this exciting volume Ramesh Mishra thoroughly and intelligently explores this domain." (Raymond Klein, University Research Professor, Dalhousie University)