- Greek to Me: Adventures of the Comma Queen (eBook, ePUB)8,13 €
- Ich bin mal eben wieder tot (eBook, ePUB)9,99 €
- Brief an meine Mutter (eBook, ePUB)9,99 €
- The Salt Path (eBook, ePUB)8,49 €
- Wie alles kam (eBook, ePUB)18,99 €
- The Wild Silence (eBook, ePUB)11,99 €
- Sturz in die Tiefe (eBook, ePUB)12,99 €
Shortlisted - Rathbones Folio Prize, Royal Society of Literature Ondaatje Prize, and Somerset Maugham Award 2019.
'An extraordinary travelogue, strange and brilliant' - i
In 2013 Guy Stagg walked from Canterbury to Jerusalem. Though a non-believer, he began the pilgrimage after suffering several years of mental illness, hoping the ritual would heal him. For ten months he hiked alone on ancient paths, crossing ten countries and more than 5,500 kilometres. Travelling without support, he had to rely each night on the charity of strangers.
The Crossway is an account of Stagg's extraordinary journey. It describes the dangers he faced on the road, captures the people he met and the landscapes he experienced, offers a unique insight into contemporary faith, and - most movingly - lays bare his struggle to escape the past and walk towards recovery.
It was a BBC Radio 4 'Book of the Week' on publication.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, B, BG, CY, CZ, D, DK, EW, E, FIN, F, GR, HR, H, IRL, I, LT, L, LR, M, NL, PL, P, R, S, SLO, SK ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: Pan Macmillan
- Erscheinungstermin: 14.06.2018
- ISBN-13: 9781509844586
- Artikelnr.: 50540041