- Sams Teach Yourself Node.js in 24 Hours (eBook, ePUB)11,95 €
- Modern Web Development with IBM WebSphere (eBook, ePUB)10,95 €
- Front-End Web Development (eBook, ePUB)19,95 €
- Building Web Services with Java (eBook, ePUB)19,95 €
- Node.js for .NET Developers (eBook, ePUB)5,99 €
"Ryan clearly understands the GWT value proposition and how GWT integrates into a diverse web technology stack-and not just in a theoretical way. With the popularity of gpokr.com and kdice.com, Ryan can speak with the authority of concrete success."
-Bruce Johnson, creator of Google Web Toolkit
"This book distinguishes itself from other books on GWT in that it walks through the entire process of building several nontrivial GWT applications, not the toy applications that most books present."
-R. Mark Volkmann, Object Computing, Inc.
"Google(TM) Web Toolkit Applications is an excellent resource for any GWT developer. Solutions to challenges commonly encountered in GWT are presented through the design and development of actual applications. The applications developed throughout the text demonstrate best practices from simple UI design all the way to custom code generation, and are presented with little pretext about the amount of Java knowledge a given developer may have. Advanced concepts are not withheld but are presented in a way that will be understood by both novice and seasoned developers alike. Good application development practices and proper Model View Controller design is reinforced throughout the book, nearly guaranteeing that the reader will come away a better programmer. "
-Jason Essington, Senior Web/Java Engineer, Green River Computing
"Dewsbury's Google(TM) Web Toolkit Applications is a book for both experts and beginner programmers who want to discover this open source Java software development framework, as well as write Ajax applications. A very detailed book!"
-Massimo Nardone, Advisory IT Security Architect
Accelerate and Simplify Ajax Development with Google Web Toolkit
Get the edge you need to deliver exceptional user experiences with Google(TM) Web Toolkit Applications, a guidebook that provides web developers with core information and instructions for creating rich web applications. Whether you're a developer who needs to build a high-performance front end for Java, PHP, or Ruby applications, or to integrate with external web services, this resource from expert Google Web Toolkit (GWT) developer Ryan Dewsbury delivers the in-depth coverage you'll need.
In this valuable book, insider Ryan Dewsbury provides instructions for using the robust tool set and gets you on your way to creating first-class web applications by providing a comprehensive overview of GWT technology. In addition, he shares his "in-the-trenches" insights on
- Building elegant and responsive user interfaces with Cascading Style Sheets and GWT's Widgets and Panels
- Creating seamless user experiences through asynchronous communication with HTTP, REST, JSON/JSONP, and RPC Interoperating with web standards-such as XML, RSS, and Atom-and web services-such as Google Maps, Amazon Books, Yahoo! Search, Flickr, and Blogger
- Overcoming browser security restrictions, such as HTTP's two-connection limit and the Same-Origin policy
- Accelerating development, using software engineering, code generation, internationalization, application patterns, and Java tools
- Deploying for optimal performance with resource compression and caching
- Building five non-trivial applications: a gadget application with a rich drag-and-drop interface, a multi-search application that makes requests to many search engines, a blog editor application for managing entries across multiple blogs, a web-based instant messenger, and a database manager for a traditional web page
This practical guide to GWT introduces you to the technology; provides techniques, tips, and examples; and puts you on the road to delivering top-notch user experiences for your web applications.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, B, BG, CY, CZ, D, DK, EW, E, FIN, F, GR, HR, H, IRL, I, LT, L, LR, M, NL, PL, P, R, S, SLO, SK ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: Pearson ITP
- Erscheinungstermin: 05.12.2007
- ISBN-13: 9780321630131
- Artikelnr.: 37817829