- Horror In The East (eBook, ePUB)17,99 €
- Neonationalist Mythology in Postwar Japan (eBook, ePUB)42,95 €
- Supreme Commander (eBook, ePUB)14,99 €
- Death on the Hellships (eBook, ePUB)16,95 €
- Japanese Military Strategy in the Pacific War (eBook, ePUB)30,95 €
- Samurai (eBook, ePUB)21,95 €
- The Scars of War (eBook, ePUB)30,95 €
More than 70 years after the bombing of Pearl Harbor, this incisive but accessible study examines shocking acts performed by Japanese soldiers, and asks why seemingly ordinary people were driven to mass murder, rape, suicide and even cannibalisation of the enemy. Uncovering personal accounts of the events, Horror in the East traces the shift in the Japanese national psyche - from the civil and reasoned treatment of captured German prisoners in World War 1 to the rejection of Western values and brutalization of the armed forces in the years that followed. In this insightful analysis, Rees probes the Japanese belief in their own racial superiority, and analyses a military that believed suicide to be more honourable than surrender.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, B, BG, CY, CZ, D, DK, EW, E, FIN, F, GB, GR, H, IRL, I, LT, L, LR, M, NL, PL, P, R, S, SLO, SK ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: Random House UK Ltd
- Seitenzahl: 320
- Erscheinungstermin: 31.05.2012
- ISBN-13: 9781448140442
- Artikelnr.: 37908402