- The Fantasy of Reality (eBook, ePUB)32,95 €
- The Future of 24-Hour News (eBook, ePUB)38,95 €
- The Ethics of Intercultural Communication (eBook, ePUB)38,95 €
- tolino shine 389,00 €
- Journalism and PR (eBook, ePUB)33,95 €
- Environmental Conflict and the Media (eBook, ePUB)32,95 €
- Black Women in Reality Television Docusoaps (eBook, ePUB)31,95 €
Thirty-five years on, Altheide discusses his recent thinking about how media logic and mediation is a basic element in constructing social reality.
From the internet to the NSA, he shows how media logic has transformed audiences into personal networks guided by social media. He argues that we have reached the media edge as social media have all but eviscerated the audience as a significant factor in the communication equation; mediated communication is increasingly about media performances and individual selection to promote identity.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, D ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: Peter Lang
- Seitenzahl: 199
- Erscheinungstermin: 1. September 2014
- ISBN-13: 9781454195160
- Artikelnr.: 53492021
"Altheide argues that we have become swamped by a superfluity of media sources and outlets and so are forced to retreat to the most vivid and memorable - and fearful - of these voices, those that invoke the most simplistic images and solutions. Provocative and convincing - a must-read for anyone interested in our Fourth Estate." (Erich Goode, Sociology Professor Emeritus, Stony Brook University)