- Toward a Reflexive Political Sociology of the European Union69,99 €
- Nationalisms in the European Arena74,99 €
- Globalization, EU Democracy Assistance and the World Social Forum91,99 €
- The Dark Side of European Integration49,90 €
- Europeanization in a Global Context76,99 €
- Globalization, EU Democracy Assistance and the World Social Forum83,99 €
- European Social Integration - A Model for East Asia?63,90 €
transnational power that challenge the traditional parameters of the nation-state.
Kauppi identifies and critically explores the evolving dynamics between national
and transnational spaces, groups and knowledge, and suggests that European public
policies and transnational institutions like the European Parliament create new spaces,
types of knowledge and novel political practices.
Toward a Reflexive Political Sociology of the European Union is structured around
three parts. The first focuses on evolving transnational fields. The second explores the
changing role of academics and universities. The third section engages with the works
of Pierre Bourdieu on politics and the media. The issues discussed throughout the
book revolve around the challenges to the nation-state and of knowledge production
that is tied to it.
This book will be an invaluable resource to academics and researchers interested in
European politics, European Union studies and political sociology.
- Palgrave Studies in European Political Sociology
- Verlag: Palgrave Macmillan / Springer, Berlin
- Artikelnr. des Verlages: 978-3-319-71001-3
- 1st ed. 2018
- Erscheinungstermin: 4. Februar 2018
- Abmessung: 216mm x 153mm x 21mm
- Gewicht: 515g
- ISBN-13: 9783319710013
- ISBN-10: 331971001X
- Artikelnr.: 49405247