- Molekulare Genetik81,99 €
- Fine-Tuning of RNA Functions by Modification and Editing244,99 €
- Color Atlas of Genetics40,99 €
- Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells in Brain Diseases42,99 €
- RNA Technologies and Their Applications185,99 €
- Genomic Imprinting127,99 €
- Stem Cell Genetics for Biomedical Research105,99 €
Maintaining the features that have made previous editions so popular, this fifth edition has been completely updated in line with the latest developments in the field. Older technologies such as cloning and hybridization have been merged and summarized, coverage of newer DNA sequencing technologies has been expanded, and powerful new gene editing and single-cell genomics technologies have been added. The coverage of GWAS, functional genomics, stem cells, and disease modeling has been expanded. Greater focus is given to inheritance and variation in the context of populations and on the role of epigenetics in gene regulation.
Fully integrated approach to the molecular aspects of human genetics, genomics, and cell biology
Accessible text is supported and enhanced throughout by superb artwork illustrating the key concepts and mechanisms
Summary boxes at the end of each chapter provide clear learning points
Annotated further reading helps readers navigate the wealth of additional information in this complex subject and provides direction for further study
Reorganized into five sections for improved access to related topics
Also new to this edition - brand new chapter on evolution and anthropology from the authors of the highly acclaimed Human Evolutionary Genetics
A proven and popular textbook for upper-level undergraduates and graduate students, the new edition of Human Molecular Genetics remains the 'go-to' book for those studying human molecular genetics or genomics courses around the world.
- Verlag: CRC Press/ Taylor & Francis / Taylor & Francis
- Artikelnr. des Verlages: Y287052
- 5., Neuausg.
- Erscheinungstermin: 12. Dezember 2018
- Abmessung: 272mm x 217mm x 40mm
- Gewicht: 2106g
- ISBN-13: 9780815345893
- ISBN-10: 0815345895
- Artikelnr.: 54767734
1. Basic Principles of Nucleic Acid Structure and Gene Expression.
2. Fundamentals of Cells and Chromosomes.
3. Fundamentals of Cell-Cell Interactions and Immune System Biology.
4. Aspects of Early Mammalian Development, Cell Differentiation, and Stem Cells.
5. Patterns of Inheritance.
Part 2: Understanding Genomes
6. Core DNA Technologies: Amplifying DNA, Nucleic Acid Hybirdization, and DNA Sequencing.
7. Analyzing the Structure and Expression of Genes and Genomes.
8. Principles of Genetic Manipulation of Mammalian Cells.
9. Uncovering the Architecture and Workings of the Human Genome.
10. Gene Regulation and the Epigenome.
Part 3: Genetic Variation Between Individuals and Species
11. An Overview of Human Genetic Variation.
12. Human Population Genetics.
13. Comparative Genomics and Genome Evolution.
14. Human Evolution.
Part 4: Human Genetic Disease
15. Chromosomal Abnormalities and Structural Variants.
16. Molecular Pathology: Connecting Phenotypes to Genotypes.
17. Mapping and Identifying Genes for Monogenic Disorders.
18. Complex Disease: Identifying Susceptibility Factors and Understanding Pathogenesis.
19. Cancer Genetics and Genomics.
Part 5: Applied Human Molecular Genetics
20. Genetic Testing in Healthcare and the Law.
21. Model Organisms and Modeling Disease.
22. Genetic Approaches to Treating Disease.