- The Evolution of Highland Papua New Guinea Societies52,99 €
- Inequality in New Guinea Highlands Societies39,99 €
- The Structural and Cultural Construction of Race in the Handline Fishing Industry on South Africa's Western Cape Coast85,99 €
- Identity Through History60,99 €
- Varieties of Javanese Religion57,99 €
- Twisted Histories, Altered Contexts51,99 €
- Making History66,99 €
Table of contents:
Part I. Grounding: 1. Theoretical and ethnographic context; 2. Historical background and regional configuration; Part II. Critique: 3. Sexuality in the regional analysis of south New Guinea; 4. The analytic legacy of homosexual emphasis: language, subsistence, and political economy; 5. Women's status; 6. Trends in comparative analysis; Part III. Reconfiguration: 7. Theoretical reconfiguration; 8. Marind-anim; 9. Symbolic and sociopolitical permutations; 10. Regional characteristics and comparisons; Appendix; Notes; References; Index.
A reassessment of ethnographic material from south coast New Guinea, covering a range of topics including sexuality, social inequality, the status of women, religion, politics and violence.
A reassessment of the classic ethnographies of south coast New Guinea.