Examining central structural features of British society, the book provides an introduction to British civilization that highlights its history of cultural, geographical and human diversity. The book includes:
- Expanded discussion of Britain's current political climate and international relations through an examination of the 2016 Brexit referendum, the subsequent general election and Brexit negotiations up to April 2019
- Discussion of the ever-shifting economy from a global perspective
- Opinion polls and surveys that provide an insight into the attitudes of British people to the conditions in which they live and operate today
- Exercises, questions, and suggestions for further reading and useful websites that stimulate class discussion and provide a springboard upon which students can develop their own independent study.
Supported by a companion website (www.routledge.com/cw/oakland), a long-ranging chronology, full-colour illustrations, useful figures, exercises and discussion questions, and suggestions for further reading, it is the perfect introduction to the crucial and complex nature of British civilization, culture and society, past and present.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, B, BG, CY, CZ, D, DK, EW, E, FIN, F, GR, HR, H, IRL, I, LT, L, LR, M, NL, PL, P, R, S, SLO, SK ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: Taylor & Francis Ltd.
- Seitenzahl: 416
- Erscheinungstermin: 24. September 2019
- ISBN-13: 9780429846786
- Artikelnr.: 57804871