- Systemische Epidemiologie und präventive Verhaltensmedizin chronischer Erkrankungen109,95 €
- Costs and Effects of Managing Chronic Psychotic Patients103,99 €
- Rheumatic Fever69,99 €
- Rheumatic Fever52,99 €
- Chronic Renal Failure111,99 €
- Mental Health Outcome Measures68,99 €
- Chronic Renal Failure134,99 €
Morewitz applies current figures and expert future projections to the often-vague concepts of chronically ill patients and associated spiraling costs of care. Composite case studies put a needed human face on these growing populations and their needs. The book's consistent format and the author's lucid style make it as accessible as it is clinically useful.
Up-to-date, real-world coverage for each disease includes:
- Risk factors, including socioeconomic status, race/ethnicity, gender, and age
- Typical disease processes and psychosocial symptoms
- Treatment options and rehabilitation outcomes
- Stress, quality of life issues, and coping strategies
- The impact of health care disparities on illness and disability
- Patient education and self-management techniques
Chronic Disease and Health Care describes the realities of diseases and their treatment with great clarity and insight, to give practitioners better understanding of patient populations and researchers access to critical health areas. In addition, the book is imperative reading for health care administrators involved in resource allocation, program planning, and cost reduction.
- Verlag: Springer / Springer, Berlin
- Artikelnr. des Verlages: 978-0-387-28778-2
- Seitenzahl: 388
- Erscheinungstermin: 1. Mai 2006
- Abmessung: 241mm x 160mm x 25mm
- Gewicht: 666g
- ISBN-13: 9780387287782
- ISBN-10: 0387287787
- Artikelnr.: 20751873
"Nearly 25 million Americans are living with chronic diseases, resulting in reduced quality of life for those patients and their families and billions in health care costs. Morewitz examines this situation closely to find new patterns of health care."
SciTech Book News, September 1, 2006.
"The author gives readers a frame of reference and a sense of direction for managing these chronic disorders."
J. D. Campbell, Choice, a publication of the American Library Association