- Geschichte der Philosophie Bd. 1: Die Philosophie der Antike 1: Von Thales bis Demokrit (eBook, PDF)19,99 €
- Geschichte der Philosophie Bd. 2: Die Philosophie der Antike 2: Sophistik und Sokratik, Plato und Aristoteles (eBook, PDF)22,99 €
- Calling Philosophers Names (eBook, PDF)34,95 €
- Comparative Essays in Early Greek and Chinese Rational Thinking (eBook, PDF)37,95 €
- Democracy, Religious Pluralism and the Liberal Dilemma of Accommodation (eBook, PDF)62,95 €
- tolino shine 3109,00 €
- Justice, Responsibility and Reconciliation in the Wake of Conflict (eBook, PDF)98,95 €
Readers will discover research on the role of Athenian democracy in moderating economic inequality and reducing poverty, on ancient debates about how to respond to inborn and social inequalities, and on Plato's and Aristotle's critiques of Greek participatory democracies. Early chapters examine Plato's views on equality, justice, and the distribution of political and non-political goods, including his defense of the abolition of private property for the ruling classes and of the equality of women in his ideal constitution and polis. Other papers discuss views of Socrates or Aristotle that are particularly relevant to contemporary political and economic disputes about punishment, freedom, slavery, the status of women, and public education, to name a few. This thorough consideration of the ancient Greeks' work on democracy, justice, and equality will appeal to scholars and researchers of the history of philosophy, Greek history, classics, as well as those with an interest in political philosophy.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, B, BG, CY, CZ, D, DK, EW, E, FIN, F, GB, GR, HR, H, IRL, I, LT, L, LR, M, NL, PL, P, R, S, SLO, SK ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: Springer-Verlag GmbH
- Erscheinungstermin: 16.11.2018
- ISBN-13: 9783319963136
- Artikelnr.: 56791935