- Die Zeit in Karten (eBook, PDF)64,99 €
- Discourses of Indigenous-Christian Elites in Colonial Societies in Asia and Africa around 1900 (eBook, PDF)59,95 €
- Pirckheimer Jahrbuch 30 (2016) Hartmann Schedel (1440-1514). Leben und Werk (eBook, PDF)45,00 €
- Honour is in Contentment (eBook, PDF)118,95 €
- The History of Central Asia (eBook, PDF)31,95 €
- tolino shine 3119,00 €
- Political Censorship of the Visual Arts in Nineteenth-Century Europe (eBook, PDF)30,95 €
However, most of the existing studies mainly aim at serving literary and historical purposes, and focus only on the textual dimension of the manuscripts. This book advances on the contrary a holistic approach to the study of these manuscripts and gather contributions on the different dimensions of the manuscript, i.e. the materials, the technologies, the practices and the communities involved in the production, commercialization, circulation, preservation and consumption.
The originality of this book is found in its methodological approach as well as its comparative geographic focus, presenting studies on a continental scale, including regions formerly neglected by existing scholarship, provides a unique opportunity to expand our still scanty knowledge of the different manuscript cultures that the African continent has developed and that often can still be considered as living traditions.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, B, BG, CY, CZ, D, DK, EW, E, FIN, F, GB, GR, HR, H, IRL, I, LT, L, LR, M, NL, PL, P, R, S, SLO, SK ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: Gruyter, Walter de GmbH
- Seitenzahl: 377
- Erscheinungstermin: 11.09.2017
- ISBN-13: 9783110541441
- Artikelnr.: 49142609