- The Pollination Biology of North American Orchids: Volume 1 (eBook, PDF)125,95
- Plant Breeding in the Omics Era (eBook, PDF)80,95
- Plastid Biology (eBook, PDF)134,95
- Genetics and Genomics of Cucurbitaceae (eBook, PDF)125,95
- Engineering Nitrogen Utilization in Crop Plants (eBook, PDF)116,95
- tolino shine 3109,00
- Comparative and Evolutionary Genomics of Angiosperm Trees (eBook, PDF)125,95
This, the second of two volumes, treats the subfamily Orchidoideae with the tribe Cranichideae. This is followed by examination of the seven North American tribes of subfamily Epidendroideae and the single North American tribe of subfamily Vanilloideae.
The Pollination Biology of North American Orchids will be of interest to both regional and international audiences including:
- Researchers and students in this field of study who are currently required to search through the scattered literature to obtain the information gathered here.
- Researchers and students in related fields with an interest in the co-evolution of plants and insects.
- Conservation specialists who need to understand both the details of orchid reproduction and the identity of primary pollinators in order to properly manage the land for both.
- Orchid breeders who require accurate and current information on orchid breeding systems.
- General readers with an interest in orchid biology.
Charles Argue, Ph.D., is a plant biologist at the University of Minnesota specializing in the study of pollen grains. His articles have appeared in numerous journals including the American Journal of Botany, International Journal of Plant Sciences (formerly Botanical Gazette), Botany (formerly Canadian Journal of Botany), Grana, Pollen et Spores, North American Native Orchid Journal, The Native Orchid Conference Journal, Fremontia, and as chapters in a number of books.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, B, BG, CY, CZ, D, DK, EW, E, FIN, F, GB, GR, HR, H, IRL, I, LT, L, LR, M, NL, PL, P, R, S, SLO, SK ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: Springer-Verlag GmbH
- Erscheinungstermin: 21.09.2011
- ISBN-13: 9781461406228
- Artikelnr.: 37350604
"Argue presents an impressive, comprehensive, and modern summary of the state of knowledge on the pollination biology of all major orchid groups in North America. ... the author has achieved his stated goal of providing a thorough treatment of the filed that will be of board interest to local and international researchers and students of pollination as well as orchid enthusiasts. ... also contain critical information for conservation managers striving to conserve the precious orchid diversity of the region." (Rod Peakall, The Quarterly Review of Biology, Vol. 88 (3), September, 2013)