- No Time To Think (eBook, ePUB)13,95 €
- Multiskilling for Television Production (eBook, PDF)94,95 €
- Anime from Akira to Princess Mononoke (eBook, PDF)32,95 €
- Music, Radio and the Public Sphere (eBook, PDF)49,95 €
- tolino shine 3119,00 €
- The Language of New Media Design (eBook, PDF)87,95 €
- Medien von A bis Z (eBook, PDF)33,26 €
No Time To Think focuses on the insidious and increasing portion of the news media that, due to the dangerously extreme speed at which it is produced, is only half thought out, half true, and lazily repeated from anonymous sources interested in selling opinion and wild speculation as news. These news item can easily gain exposure today, assuming a life of their own while making a mockery of journalism and creating casualties of cool deliberation and thoughtful discourse. Much of it is picked up gratuitously and given resonance online or through CNN, Fox News, MSNBC and other networks, which must, in this age of the 24-hour news cycle, "feed the beast."
No Time to Think demonstrates how today's media blitz scrambles the public's perspective in ways that potentially shape how we think, act and react as a global society. The end result effects not only the media and the public, but also the government leaders we trust to make carefully considered decisions on our behalf. Featuring interviews ranging from former NBC News anchor Tom Brokaw to internet doyenne Arianna Huffington to PBS stalwart Jim Lehrer to CNN chief Jonathan Klein to a host of former presidential press secretaries and other keen-eyed media watchers, this incisive work measures lasting fallout from the 24-hour news cycle beginning in 1980 with the arrival of CNN, right up to the present.
- Verlag: Bloomsbury Publishing Inc
- Seitenzahl: 240
- Erscheinungstermin: 01.10.2008
- ISBN-13: 9781441141408
- Artikelnr.: 38301657