- Der amerikanische Bürgerkrieg (eBook, ePUB)7,49 €
- Der Amerikanische Bürgerkrieg (eBook, ePUB)12,99 €
- Abraham Lincoln und der amerikanische Bürgerkrieg (eBook, ePUB)15,99 €
- Ich ziehe mit den Adlern (eBook, ePUB)4,99 €
- The American West (eBook, ePUB)15,46 €
- Aces High (eBook, ePUB)11,95 €
- tolino shine 3109,00 €
Acclaimed scholar Douglas R. Egerton chronicles the contest with a historian's keen insight and a veteran political reporter's eye for detail. Vividly, Egerton re-creates the cascade of unforeseen events that confounded political bosses, set North and South on the road to disunion, and put not Stephen Douglas, but his greatest rival, in the White House.
We see Lincoln and his team outmaneuvering more prominent Republicans, like New York's grandiose William Seward, while Democratic conventions collapse in confusion. And we see the gifted, flawed Douglas marking his finest hour in defeat, as he strives, and fails, to save the Union. delivers a teeming cast of characters, minor and major, and a breakneck narrative of this most momentous year in American history.
- Verlag: Bloomsbury Publishing Inc
- Erscheinungstermin: 04.10.2010
- ISBN-13: 9781608193516
- Artikelnr.: 38329239