- Project Fatherhood (eBook, ePUB)13,95 €
- Whatever Happened to Daddy's Little Girl? (eBook, ePUB)9,95 €
- Ilmakorinta Habboon: Jiheeyaha Waaliddiinta Qurbajoogga ah ee Soomaalida (eBook, ePUB)8,49 €
- The Measure of a Man (eBook, ePUB)3,99 €
- Born Biracial: How One Mother Took on Race in America (eBook, ePUB)8,99 €
- Save the Males (eBook, ePUB)5,99 €
- Better Parenting: A Guide for Somali Parents in the Diaspora (eBook, ePUB)8,99 €
This myth-shattering book challenges stereotypes of negotiating parenthood within the context of poverty, live-away status, and black American manhood. Hamer has collected the voices of eighty-eight men who participated in this study by first examining the macro or cultural elements that encompass men's daily lives. As part 1 explores these larger forces that define the social world of fathers, part 2 looks at what significant others expect of men as fathers and how they behave under these circumstances. Part 3 analyzes the particular parenting roles and functions of fathers, using narratives of individual men to tell their own stories. In this book, contemporary black live-away fathers talk about their goals, walk us through their workplaces, allow us to meet their families and children, and enable us to view the world of parenthood through their eyes.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, D ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: Columbia University Press
- Erscheinungstermin: 18. April 2001
- ISBN-13: 9780231505109
- Artikelnr.: 38155106