Andere Kunden interessierten sich auch für
- War, Peace and Progress in the 21st Century (eBook, ePUB)35,95 €
- Geopolitics and the Great Powers in the 21st Century (eBook, PDF)43,95 €
- Reimagining War in the 21st Century (eBook, PDF)43,95 €
- The Long War - Insurgency, Counterinsurgency and Collapsing States (eBook, PDF)11,95 €
- The Russian Military into the 21st Century (eBook, PDF)40,95 €
- Nuclear Weapons and Cooperative Security in the 21st Century (eBook, PDF)40,95 €
- European Security in the Twenty-First Century (eBook, PDF)35,95 €
This book brings together a wide range of contributions aimed at investigating different aspects of the history of development and violence, and its implications for contemporary efforts to consolidate the development-security nexus. From environmental concerns, through vigilante citizenship, to the legacies of armed conflicts during and after decolonization, the different chapters reconstruct the contradictory history of development and critically engage contemporary responses and their implications for social and political analyses.
In examining violence and insecurity in relation to core organising principles of world politics the contributors engage the problems associated with the nation state and the inter-state system and underlying assumptions of the promises of progress. The book offers a range of perspectives on the contradictions of development, and on how domination, violence and resistance have been conceived. At the same time it exemplifies the relevance of alternative methodological and conceptual approaches to contemporary challenges of development.
This book was published as a special issue of Third World Quarterly.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, B, BG, CY, CZ, D, DK, EW, E, FIN, F, GR, HR, H, IRL, I, LT, L, LR, M, NL, PL, P, R, S, SLO, SK ausgeliefert werden.