- Catholic Social Thought and Liberal Institutions (eBook, ePUB)29,95 €
- tolino shine 3118,00 €
- Thomas Torrance's Mediations and Revelation (eBook, ePUB)33,95 €
- Aristotle and Early Christian Thought (eBook, ePUB)27,95 €
- A New History of African Christian Thought (eBook, ePUB)29,95 €
- Deification in Russian Religious Thought (eBook, ePUB)45,95 €
- The Demonic in the Political Thought of Eusebius of Caesarea (eBook, ePUB)59,95 €
Organized around the themes of full unity and visuality, the book examines Florensky's definition of the icon as "energetic symbol," drawing on St. Gregory Palamas, before offering a theological reading of Florensky's theory of the pictorial space of the icon. It then turns to Florensky's idea of space in the icon as Non-Euclidean. Finally, the icon is placed within wider debates provoked by Bolshevik cultural policy, which extend to current discussions concerning religion, modernity, and art.
Offering an important contribution from Russian religious philosophy to issues of contemporary modernity, this book will be of interest to scholars of religious philosophy, Russian studies, theology and the arts, and the medieval icon.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, B, BG, CY, CZ, D, DK, EW, E, FIN, F, GR, HR, H, IRL, I, LT, L, LR, M, NL, PL, P, R, S, SLO, SK ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: Taylor & Francis Ltd.
- Seitenzahl: 110
- Erscheinungstermin: 30.08.2019
- ISBN-13: 9780429557958
- Artikelnr.: 57603778