- Silver Economy in the Viking Age (eBook, PDF)27,95 €
- The Politics of the Past (eBook, PDF)30,95 €
- The Prehistory of Denmark (eBook, PDF)29,95 €
- Roman Coins from India (eBook, PDF)27,95 €
- A History of Pagan Europe (eBook, PDF)29,95 €
- Maritime Societies of the Viking and Medieval World (eBook, PDF)30,95 €
- Iron Age Myth and Materiality (eBook, PDF)27,95 €
By investigating silver hoards and the context of their deposition, Viking Silver, Hoards and Containers seeks to understand the variety of functions performed by hoards; the differences in function within regions; the hoards' relationship with trade; and the nature and function of emporia. It also examines the extent to which the findings mesh with literary evidence and the nature of the different societies benefiting from the influx of silver in the Viking Age. Crucially, the book features a catalogue, which provides a thorough overview and update of Baltic-zone hoards.
Viking Silver, Hoards and Containers is intended for use by students of, and specialists in, early medieval, Viking and Slavic history and archaeology. However, it will also be a useful teaching resource for other general courses in archaeology, anthropology and material culture, numismatics, economic history, religious studies, GIS and statistics.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, B, BG, CY, CZ, D, DK, EW, E, FIN, F, GR, HR, H, IRL, I, LT, L, LR, M, NL, PL, P, R, S, SLO, SK ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: Taylor & Francis Ltd.
- Seitenzahl: 400
- Erscheinungstermin: 10. Januar 2019
- ISBN-13: 9781351243643
- Artikelnr.: 55276430