- Reading the Arab World (eBook, ePUB)30,95 €
- The Impact of Global English on Cultural Identities in the United Arab Emirates (eBook, ePUB)32,95 €
- Discourses of the Arab Revolutions in Media and Politics (eBook, ePUB)32,95 €
- The Dissemination of Arab Astronomy East and West. The Role of Instrumentation (eBook, ePUB)13,99 €
- Language in the Real World (eBook, ePUB)40,95 €
- tolino shine 3109,00 €
- English as a language in Arab-speaking Countires (eBook, ePUB)13,99 €
The opening chapters outline the factors involved in the initiation and cessation of translational activity in the Abbasid period before dealing in individual chapters with important events in the Translation Movement, such as the translation of Aristotle's Poetics into Arabic, Abdullah ibn al-Muqaffa's seminal translation of the Indian/Persian Kalilah wa Dimna into Arabic and the translation of scientific texts. Other chapters address the question of whether the Abbasids had a theory of translation and why, despite three hundred years of translation, not a single poem was translated into Arabic. The final chapter deals with the influence of translation during this period on the Arabic language.
Offering new readings of many issues that are associated with that period, informed by modern theories of translation, this is key reading for scholars and researchers in Translation Studies, Oriental and Arab Studies, Book History and Cultural History.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, B, BG, CY, CZ, D, DK, EW, E, FIN, F, GR, HR, H, IRL, I, LT, L, LR, M, NL, PL, P, R, S, SLO, SK ausgeliefert werden.