- Fieldwork Is Not What It Used to Be (eBook, ePUB)9,95 €
- More Than Words (eBook, ePUB)10,95 €
- Maid to Order in Hong Kong (eBook, ePUB)8,95 €
- tolino shine 3118,00 €
- Collaborative Anthropology Today (eBook, ePUB)9,95 €
- Distant Companions (eBook, ePUB)0,00 €
- Cities, Classes, and the Social Order (eBook, ePUB)10,95 €
Continuing the methodological insights provided in Fieldwork Is Not What It Used to Be, the contributors to this volume find that now is an optimal time to reflect on the status of theory in relation to ethnographic research in anthropology and kindred disciplines. Together they engage with questions such as, What passes for theory in anthropology and the human sciences today and why? What is theory's relation to ethnography? How are students trained to identify and respect anthropological theorization and how do they practice theoretical work in their later career stages? What theoretical experiments, languages, and institutions are available to the human sciences? Throughout, the editors and authors consider theory in practical terms, rather than as an amorphous set of ideas, an esoteric discourse of power, a norm of intellectual life, or an infinitely contestable canon of texts. A short editorial afterword explores alternative ethics and institutions of pedagogy and training in theory.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, B, BG, CY, CZ, D, DK, EW, E, FIN, F, GR, HR, H, IRL, I, LT, L, LR, M, NL, PL, P, R, S, SLO, SK ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: Cornell University Press
- Seitenzahl: 296
- Altersempfehlung: ab 18 Jahre
- Erscheinungstermin: 21.12.2015
- ISBN-13: 9781501700897
- Artikelnr.: 48789935