- Witchcraft: The Basics (eBook, PDF)15,95 €
- Witchcraft in Early Modern England (eBook, PDF)20,95 €
- tolino shine 3119,00 €
- Plague in the Early Modern World (eBook, PDF)30,95 €
- The Witch-Hunt in Early Modern Europe (eBook, PDF)28,95 €
- Testimonies of the City (eBook, PDF)36,95 €
- The Age of Reformation (eBook, PDF)24,95 €
The witch trials of the late Middle Ages and the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries have inspired a huge and expanding scholarly literature, as well as an outpouring of popular representations. This fully revised and enlarged third edition brings together many of the best and most important works in the field. It explores the origins of witchcraft prosecutions in learned and popular culture, fears of an imaginary witch cult, the role of religious division and ideas about the Devil, the gendering of suspects, the making of confessions and the decline of witch beliefs. An expanded final section explores the various "revivals" and images of witchcraft that continue to flourish in contemporary Western culture.
Equipped with an extensive introduction that foregrounds significant debates and themes in the study of witchcraft, providing the extracts with a critical context, The Witchcraft Reader is essential reading for anyone with an interest in this fascinating subject.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, B, BG, CY, CZ, D, DK, EW, E, FIN, F, GB, GR, HR, H, IRL, I, LT, L, LR, M, NL, PL, P, R, S, SLO, SK ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: Taylor & Francis Ltd.
- Seitenzahl: 490
- Erscheinungstermin: 16.09.2019
- ISBN-13: 9781351345248
- Artikelnr.: 57627033