- Smoke & Mirrors (eBook, ePUB)3,99 €
- The Law of All Things (eBook, ePUB)8,51 €
- Stem Cell Dialogues (eBook, ePUB)14,95 €
- The State of Science (eBook, ePUB)13,95 €
- Why People Believe Weird Things (eBook, ePUB)5,99 €
- Why People Believe Weird Things (eBook, ePUB)7,99 €
- Keep Calm and Trust the Science (eBook, ePUB)12,95 €
Questions like these-questions of causality-form the basis of modern scientific inquiry, posing profound intellectual and methodological challenges for researchers in the physical, natural, biomedical, and social sciences. In this groundbreaking book, noted psychiatrist and author Peter Rabins offers a conceptual framework for analyzing daunting questions of causality. Navigating a lively intellectual voyage between the shoals of strict reductionism and relativism, Rabins maps a three-facet model of causality and applies it to a variety of questions in science, medicine, economics, and more.
Throughout this book, Rabins situates his argument within relevant scientific contexts, such as quantum mechanics, cybernetics, chaos theory, and epigenetics. A renowned communicator of complex concepts and scientific ideas, Rabins helps readers stretch their minds beyond the realm of popular literary tipping points, blinks, and freakonomic explanations of the world.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, D ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: Columbia University Press
- Erscheinungstermin: 20. August 2013
- ISBN-13: 9780231535458
- Artikelnr.: 39286789