- The Making of Modern Zionism (eBook, ePUB)10,99 €
- The False Prophets of Peace (eBook, ePUB)13,95 €
- Anarchists Against the Wall (eBook, ePUB)8,95 €
- David Ben-Gurion and the Foundation of Israeli Democracy (eBook, ePUB)21,95 €
- The Optimist (eBook, ePUB)20,95 €
- The Resurgence of Central Asia (eBook, ePUB)12,95 €
- The sword is not enough (eBook, ePUB)28,95 €
Nationalism is the issue of our age. From Donald Trump's "America First" politics to Brexit to the rise of the right in Europe, events have forced a crucial debate: Should we fight for international government? Or should the world's nations keep their independence and self-determination?
In The Virtue of Nationalism, Yoram Hazony contends that a world of sovereign nations is the only option for those who care about personal and collective freedom. He recounts how, beginning in the sixteenth century, English, Dutch, and American Protestants revived the Old Testament's love of national independence, and shows how their vision eventually brought freedom to peoples from Poland to India, Israel to Ethiopia. It is this tradition we must restore, he argues, if we want to limit conflict and hate -- and allow human difference and innovation to flourish.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, B, BG, CY, CZ, D, DK, EW, E, FIN, F, GR, HR, H, IRL, I, LT, L, LR, M, NL, PL, P, R, S, SLO, SK ausgeliefert werden.