- Yes We Have No (eBook, ePUB)6,99 €
- The Search Warrant (eBook, ePUB)8,49 €
- A Land on the Threshold (eBook, ePUB)78,95 €
- The Official History of Britain: Our Story in Numbers as Told by the Office For National Statistics (eBook, ePUB)10,59 €
- The Tunnel Through Time (eBook, ePUB)9,49 €
- Dancing in the Streets (eBook, ePUB)8,95 €
- Memories of the Future (eBook, ePUB)52,95 €
He catches the stories of a whole community, but especially those still working this last frontier: the Cornish fishermen. These are the dreamers and fighters who every day prepare for battle with the vast grey Atlantic. Cornwall and its seas are brought to life, mixing drinking and drugs and sea spray, moonlit beaches and shattering storms, myth and urban myth. The result is an arresting tapestry of a place we thought we knew; the precarious reality of life in Cornwall today emerges from behind our idyllic holiday snaps and picture postcards. Even the quaint fishermen's pubs on the quay at Newlyn, including the Swordfish and its neighbour the Star, turn out to be places where squalls can blow up, and down again, in an instant.
Based on immersive research and rich with the voices of a cast of remarkable characters, this is an eye-opening, dramatic, poignant account of life on Britain's most dangerous stretch of coast.
Praise for Hood Rat
'A gripping novelistic immersion' Louis Theroux
'A must-read' Owen Jones
'Britain's Gomorrah' Independent
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, B, BG, CY, CZ, D, DK, EW, E, FIN, F, GR, HR, H, IRL, I, LT, L, LR, M, NL, PL, P, R, S, SLO, SK ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: Random House
- Seitenzahl: 256
- Erscheinungstermin: 2. Juni 2016
- ISBN-13: 9781473521704
- Artikelnr.: 45087954