- The Garden of Delights (eBook, ePUB)53,95 €
- The Life and Passion of William of Norwich (eBook, ePUB)9,49 €
- The Cistercians in the Middle Ages (eBook, ePUB)18,95 €
- The Good Women of the Parish (eBook, ePUB)53,95 €
- tolino shine 395,00 €
- Preachers, Partisans, and Rebellious Religion (eBook, ePUB)60,95 €
- The People of the Parish (eBook, ePUB)58,95 €
Was Ermine a saint in the making, an impostor, an incipient witch, or a madwoman? Renate Blumenfeld-Kosinski ponders answers to these questions in the historical and theological context of this troubled woman's experiences. With empathy and acuity, Blumenfeld-Kosinski examines Ermine's life in fourteenth-century Reims, her relationship with her confessor, her ascetic and devotional practices, and her reported encounters with heavenly and hellish beings. Supplemented by translated excerpts from Jean's account, The Strange Case of Ermine de Reims brings to life an episode that helped precipitate one of the major clerical controversies of late medieval Europe, revealing surprising truths about the era's conceptions of piety and possession.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, D ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: University of Pennsylvania Press, Inc.
- Seitenzahl: 248
- Erscheinungstermin: 05.06.2015
- ISBN-13: 9780812291339
- Artikelnr.: 43078575
Chapter 1. Ermine and Her World
Chapter 2. Ermine and Her Confessor, Jean le Graveur
Chapter 3. Ermine's Piety and Devotional Practices
Chapter 4. Ermine and Her Demons
Chapter 5. Ermine and the Discernment of Spirits
Appendix. The Visions of Ermine de Reims