- The Science of Supervillains (eBook, ePUB)6,99 €
- The Science of Superheroes (eBook, ePUB)8,79 €
- tolino shine 3109,00 €
- The Secret Science of Superheroes (eBook, ePUB)20,95 €
- The Science of James Bond (eBook, ePUB)8,95 €
- The Science of Monsters (eBook, ePUB)12,30 €
- The Science of Monsters (eBook, ePUB)3,99 €
"An entertaining and informative guide to comic book wonders bound to come."
-Julius Schwartz, Editor Emeritus, DC Comics
Superman, Batman, The X-Men, Flash, Spider Man . . . they protect us from evildoers, defend truth and justice, and, occasionally, save our planet from certain doom. Yet, how much do we understand about their powers?
In this engaging yet serious work, Lois Gresh and Robert Weinberg attempt to answer that question once and for all. From X-ray vision to psychokinesis, invisibility to lightspeed locomotion, they take a hard, scientific look at the powers possessed by all of our most revered superheroes, and a few of the lesser ones, in an attempt to sort fact from fantasy. In the process, they unearth some shocking truths that will unsettle, alarm, and even terrify all but the most fiendish of supervillains.
Lois Gresh (Rochester, NY) has written eight novels and nonfiction books as well as dozens of short stories and has been nominated for national fiction awards six times.
Robert Weinberg (Oak Forest, IL) is a multiple award-winning author of novels, nonfiction books, short stories and comics.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, D ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: Turner Publishing Company
- Seitenzahl: 224
- Erscheinungstermin: 15. August 2007
- ISBN-13: 9780470250518
- Artikelnr.: 49988699