- Silver Economy in the Viking Age (eBook, ePUB)27,95 €
- Local Societies in Bronze Age Northern Europe (eBook, ePUB)30,95 €
- tolino shine 3109,00 €
- Between the Worlds (eBook, ePUB)169,95 €
- Archaeological Heritage Management in the Modern World (eBook, ePUB)32,95 €
- The Celtic World (eBook, ePUB)95,95 €
- The Recent Archaeology of the Early Modern Period in Quebec City: 2009 (eBook, ePUB)27,95 €
Scandinavians played an active role in early modern globalization and were present as traders, as colonialists, and as consumers in competition and collaboration with indigenous agents and other colonial actors in America, Africa, and India. This story is rarely told. The joint study of history, historical landscape, and material culture, from a Scandinavian vantage point, provides for a comprehensive and original interpretation of the birth of globalization and modernity. New perspectives and data are presented, deepening and challenging our knowledge of the long seventeenth century. In-depth analysis of case studies, encompassing four continents and their material entanglement, makes this book a unique contribution to historical archaeology.
The Scandinavian Early Modern World aims at students and scholars of anthropology, archaeology, and history, alike, taking interest in the global connections of the long seventeenth century and the role of Scandinavia in that process.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, B, BG, CY, CZ, D, DK, EW, E, FIN, F, GR, HR, H, IRL, I, LT, L, LR, M, NL, PL, P, R, S, SLO, SK ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: Taylor & Francis Ltd.
- Seitenzahl: 308
- Erscheinungstermin: 14. Mai 2020
- ISBN-13: 9781000062595
- Artikelnr.: 59482868