Andere Kunden interessierten sich auch für
- The Palestinian Prisoners Movement (eBook, ePUB)31,95 €
auch für"> 0
- tolino shine 3154,99 €
auch für"> 1
- A Concise History of the Middle East (eBook, PDF)41,95 €
auch für"> 2
- America and the Production of Islamic Truth in Uganda (eBook, PDF)32,95 €
auch für"> 3
- Palestinian Political Prisoners (eBook, PDF)43,95 €
auch für"> 4
- Narratives of Arab Secularism (eBook, PDF)29,95 €
auch für"> 5
- Politics of Change in Middle East and North Africa since Arab Spring (eBook, PDF)32,95 €
auch für"> 6
auch für"> 7
auch für"> 8
auch für"> 9
auch für"> 10
Prisons have functioned as microcosms of the broader Israeli-Palestinian conflict for decades, with the Israeli state aiming to use mass incarceration for security, and Palestinian prisoners seeking to take back the prison space for organizing and resistance. Prisoners' actions included but were not limited to hunger strikes, as prisoners often relied more on everyday acts of noncompliance and developing an internal "counterorder" to challenge authorities. The volume demonstrates how the Palestinian prisoners movement was intertwined with the Palestinian national movement, strongest in the popular mobilization era of the 1970s and 1980s, and significantly weaker and more fragmented after the Oslo Accords of the 1990s and the second intifada.
Presenting a fresh analysis of a central, but often overlooked aspect of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, the volume offers valuable reflections on prison-based resistance in protracted conflicts more broadly. It is a key resource to students and scholars interested in contemporary conversations on mass incarceration, criminal justice, Middle East politics and history.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, B, BG, CY, CZ, D, DK, EW, E, FIN, F, GR, HR, H, IRL, I, LT, L, LR, M, NL, PL, P, R, S, SLO, SK ausgeliefert werden.