- Are We Smart Enough to Know How Smart Animals Are? (eBook, ePUB)8,95 €
- Mama's Last Hug: Animal Emotions and What They Tell Us about Ourselves (eBook, ePUB)8,95 €
- The Little Book of Bees: An illustrated guide to the extraordinary lives of bees (eBook, ePUB)7,99 €
- The Secret Lives of Bats (eBook, ePUB)15,95 €
- Swimming with Piranhas at Feeding Time: My Life Doing Dumb Stuff with Animals (eBook, ePUB)8,95 €
- tolino shine 3118,00 €
- Bird Sense (eBook, ePUB)7,99 €
The examples above and many others, argues Dale Peterson, show that our fellow creatures have powerful impulses toward cooperation, generosity, and fairness. Yet it is commonly held that we Homo sapiens are the only animals with a moral sense-that we are somehow above and apart from our fellow creatures.
This rigorous and stimulating book challenges that notion, and it shows the profound connections-the moral continuum-that link humans to many other species. Peterson shows how much animal behavior follows principles embodied in humanity's ancient moral codes, from the Ten Commandments to the New Testament. Understanding the moral lives of animals offers new insight into our own.
- Verlag: Bloomsbury Publishing Inc
- Seitenzahl: 352
- Erscheinungstermin: 15.03.2011
- ISBN-13: 9781608193646
- Artikelnr.: 38419950