- Beauty of Detours, The (eBook, ePUB)23,95 €
- Dear Machine: A Letter to a Super-Aware/Intelligent Machine (SAIM) (eBook, ePUB)8,99 €
- tolino shine 3109,00 €
- The Ethics of Technology (eBook, ePUB)45,95 €
- Interface Fantasy (eBook, ePUB)10,95 €
- Technology and the Virtues (eBook, ePUB)17,95 €
- Posthumanity (eBook, ePUB)30,95 €
We used to say "seeing is believing"; now, googling is believing. With 24/7 access to nearly all of the world's information at our fingertips, we no longer trek to the library or the encyclopedia shelf in search of answers. We just open our browsers, type in a few keywords and wait for the information to come to us. Now firmly established as a pioneering work of modern philosophy, The Internet of Us has helped revolutionize our understanding of what it means to be human in the digital age. Indeed, demonstrating that knowledge based on reason plays an essential role in society and that there is more to "knowing” than just acquiring information, leading philosopher Michael P. Lynch shows how our digital way of life makes us value some ways of processing information over others, and thus risks distorting the greatest traits of mankind. Charting a path from Plato's cave to Google Glass, the result is a necessary guide on how to navigate the philosophical quagmire that is the "Internet of Things."
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, D ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: Liveright
- Seitenzahl: 256
- Erscheinungstermin: 21. März 2016
- ISBN-13: 9781631491863
- Artikelnr.: 59591975