- The Howe Dynasty: The Untold Story of a Military Family and the Women Behind Britain's Wars for America (eBook, ePUB)16,95 €
- The East India Company at Home, 1757-1857 (eBook, ePUB)1,99 €
- The Men Who Lost America (eBook, ePUB)13,95 €
- Money for Nothing (eBook, ePUB)5,99 €
- Blood Waters (eBook, ePUB)18,95 €
- The Interest (eBook, ePUB)9,49 €
- Meet the Georgians: Epic Tales from Britain's Wildest Century (eBook, ePUB)12,99 €
In The Great Debate, Yuval Levin explores the roots of the left/right political divide in America by examining the views of the men who best represented each side at its origin: Edmund Burke and Thomas Paine. Striving to forge a new political path in the tumultuous age of the American and French revolutions, these two ideological titans sparred over moral and philosophical questions about the nature of political life and the best approach to social change: radical and swift, or gradual and incremental. The division they articulated continues to shape our political life today.
Essential reading for anyone seeking to understand the basis of our political order and Washington's acrimonious rifts today, The Great Debate offers a profound examination of what conservatism, progressivism, and the debate between them truly amount to.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, B, BG, CY, CZ, D, DK, EW, E, FIN, F, GR, HR, H, IRL, I, LT, L, LR, M, NL, PL, P, R, S, SLO, SK ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: Basic Books
- Altersempfehlung: ab 13 Jahre
- Erscheinungstermin: 3. Dezember 2013
- ISBN-13: 9780465040940
- Artikelnr.: 40101720