- He Calls Me By Lightning: The Life of Caliph Washington and the forgotten Saga of Jim Crow, Southern Justice, and the Death Penalty (eBook, ePUB)10,95 €
- Be Free or Die: The Amazing Story of Robert Smalls' Escape from Slavery to Union Hero (eBook, ePUB)7,99 €
- Beale Street Dynasty: Sex, Song, and the Struggle for the Soul of Memphis (eBook, ePUB)9,95 €
- To Walk About in Freedom: The Long Emancipation of Priscilla Joyner (eBook, ePUB)14,95 €
- Bluff City: The Secret Life of Photographer Ernest Withers (eBook, ePUB)10,95 €
- Behind the Magic Curtain (eBook, ePUB)8,95 €
- Yes, Lord, I Know the Road (eBook, ePUB)13,95 €
The definitive account of the most infamous slave rebellion in history and the aftermath that brought America one step closer to civil war—newly reissued to include the text of the original 1831 court document "The Confessions of Nat Turner"
The fierce slave rebellion led by Nat Turner in Virginia in 1831 and the savage reprisals that followed shattered beyond repair the myth of the contented slave and the benign master, and intensified the forces of change that would plunge America into the bloodbath of the Civil War. Stephen B. Oates, the celebrated biographer of Abraham Lincoln and Martin Luther King, Jr., presents a gripping and insightful narrative of the rebellion—the complex, gifted, and driven man who led it, the social conditions that produced it, and the legacy it left.
A classic, here is the dramatic re-creation of the turbulent period that marked a crucial turning point in America's history.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, B, BG, CY, CZ, D, DK, EW, E, FIN, F, GR, HR, H, I, LT, L, LR, M, NL, PL, P, R, S, SLO, SK ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: HarperCollins e-books
- Seitenzahl: 208
- Erscheinungstermin: 17. März 2009
- ISBN-13: 9780061970009
- Artikelnr.: 38004538