- Narrating Sustainability through Storytelling (eBook, PDF)29,95 €
- Theory and Practice in Heritage and Sustainability (eBook, PDF)34,95 €
- Economic Theory and Sustainable Development (eBook, PDF)35,95 €
- Higher Education and Capacity Building in Africa (eBook, PDF)39,95 €
- Green Gentrification (eBook, PDF)38,95 €
- Revolutionizing Sustainability Education (eBook, PDF)30,95 €
- Competition and Efficiency in International Food Supply Chains (eBook, PDF)39,95 €
The craft of storytelling is as old as time and has influenced human experience throughout the ages. The conscious use of storytelling in higher education is likewise not new, although less prevalent in certain academic disciplines; what this book offers is the opportunity to delve into the concept of storytelling as an educational tool regardless of and beyond the boundaries of subject area.
Written by academics and storytellers, the book is based on the authors' own experiences of using stories within teaching, from a story of "the Ecology of Law" to the exploration of sustainability in accounting and finance via contemporary cinema. Practical advice in each chapter ensures that ideas may be put into practice with ease.
In addition to examples from the classroom, the book also explores wider uses of storytelling for communication and sense-making and ways of assessing student storytelling work. It also offers fascinating research insights, for example in addressing the question of whether positive utopian stories relating to climate change will have a stronger impact on changing the behaviour of readers than will dystopian stories.
Everyone working as an educator should fi nd some inspiration here for their own practice; on using storytelling and stories to co-design positive futures together with our students.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, B, BG, CY, CZ, D, DK, EW, E, FIN, F, GR, HR, H, IRL, I, LT, L, LR, M, NL, PL, P, R, S, SLO, SK ausgeliefert werden.