- Janacek: Years of a Life Volume 1 (1854-1914) (eBook, ePUB)26,95 €
- The Ordeal of Ivor Gurney (eBook, ePUB)10,95 €
- tolino shine 3109,00 €
- Janacek: Years of a Life Volume 2 (1914-1928) (eBook, ePUB)26,95 €
- Gustav Holst (eBook, ePUB)10,95 €
- Musical Road Kills (eBook, ePUB)3,99 €
- Strayhorn (eBook, ePUB)18,95 €
This second volume covers the crucial period from 1904 and the beginning of the Third Symphony through to the outbreak of the First World War ten years later. During this period Sibelius began keeping a diary which, together with his letters to his wife, Aino, and to his friend, Axel Carpelan, helped the author give us a day-by-day, intimate account of the turbulent years that saw the gestation and completion of many of his finest works, culminating in the Fourth Symphony.
Translated by Robert Layton, himself a Sibelius specialist, this is a compelling and insightful account of the music of one of the twentieth century's greatest composers.
- Verlag: Faber And Faber Ltd.
- Seitenzahl: 318
- Erscheinungstermin: 19.12.2013
- ISBN-13: 9780571309443
- Artikelnr.: 40375628