- Rebel Private, Front And Rear. Experiences Through The Civil War. (Civil War Texas Infantry, #2) (eBook, ePUB)2,81 €
- Co. "Aytch"; Sideshow of the Big Show, Rebel & Private, Front & Rear, 5th Texas Infantry, in the Civil War. 2 Volumes In 1 (eBook, ePUB)3,75 €
- Kentucky's Rebel Press (eBook, ePUB)13,95 €
- Kentucky Rebel Town (eBook, ePUB)13,95 €
- The Petersburg Regiment in the Civil War (eBook, ePUB)13,95 €
- Kentucky Confederates (eBook, ePUB)13,95 €
- tolino shine 399,00 €
Those individuals filing petitions experienced Reconstruction in personal and profound ways. Supplicants wrote and circulated their exoneration documents among loyalist neighbors, friends, and Union officers to obtain favorable endorsements that might persuade Brownlow and Johnson to grant pardon. Former Rebels relayed narratives about the motivating factors compelling them to side with the Confederacy, chronicled their actions during the war, expressed repentance, and pledged allegiance to the United States government and the Constitution. Although not required, many petitioners even sought recommendations from their former wartime foes.
The pardoning of former Confederates proved a collaborative process in which neighbors, acquaintances, and erstwhile enemies lodged formal pleas to grant or deny clemency from state and federal officials. Indeed, as Rebel Salvation reveals, the long road to peace began here in the newly reunited communities of postwar Tennessee.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, D ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: Canongate Books
- Seitenzahl: 364
- Erscheinungstermin: 9. Juni 2021
- ISBN-13: 9780807175392
- Artikelnr.: 60435085