- Black Sabbath and the Rise of Heavy Metal Music (eBook, PDF)37,95 €
- Heavy Metal Music in Britain (eBook, PDF)37,95 €
- Turkish Metal (eBook, PDF)39,95 €
- Heavy Metal at the Movies (eBook, PDF)29,95 €
- Classical Antiquity in Heavy Metal Music (eBook, PDF)25,95 €
- Heavy Metal, Gender and Sexuality (eBook, PDF)32,95 €
- Global Metal Music and Culture (eBook, PDF)0,00 €
Heavy metal scholarship has until recently focused almost solely on the roles of heterosexual hypermasculinity and hyperfemininity in fans and performers. The dependence on that narrow dichotomy has limited heavy metal scholarship, resulting in poorly critiqued discussions of gender and sexuality that serve only to underpin the popular imagining of heavy metal as violent, homophobic and inherently masculine. This book queers heavy metal studies, bringing discussions of gender and sexuality in heavy metal out of that poorly theorized dichotomy.
In this interdisciplinary work, the author connects new and existing scholarship with a strong ethnographic study of heavy metal's self-identified queer performers and fans in their own words, thus giving them a voice and offering an original and ground-breaking addition to scholarship on popular music, rock, and queer studies.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, B, BG, CY, CZ, D, DK, EW, E, FIN, F, GR, HR, H, IRL, I, LT, L, LR, M, NL, PL, P, R, S, SLO, SK ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: Taylor & Francis Ltd.
- Seitenzahl: 180
- Erscheinungstermin: 24. März 2015
- ISBN-13: 9781317916550
- Artikelnr.: 42539789