- Surviving Amid Chaos (eBook, ePUB)36,95 €
- Away from Chaos (eBook, ePUB)21,95 €
- Chaos in the Liberal Order (eBook, ePUB)19,95 €
- Creating Chaos (eBook, ePUB)6,99 €
- Summary: Constitutional Chaos (eBook, ePUB)4,99 €
- Protection of Cultural Property in the Event of Armed Conflict (eBook, ePUB)58,95 €
- Globalising Intellectual Property Rights (eBook, ePUB)39,95 €
Protection Amid Chaos follows people as they develop binding claims on assets and resources in challenging political and economic spaces. Focusing on Palestinians living in refugee camps in Lebanon and Jordan, it shows how the first to arrive developed flexible though legitimate property rights claims based on legal knowledge retained from their homeland, subsequently adapted to the restrictions of refugee life. As camps increased in complexity, refugees merged their informal institutions with the formal rules of political outsiders, devising a broader, stronger system for protecting their assets and culture from predation and state incorporation.
For this book, Nadya Hajj conducted interviews with two hundred refugees. She consults memoirs, legal documents, and findings in the United Nations Relief Works Agency archives. Her work reveals the strategies Palestinian refugees have used to navigate their precarious conditions while under continuous assault and situates their struggle within the larger context of communities living in transitional spaces.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, D ausgeliefert werden.