- Encyclopedia of Twentieth-Century Photography, 3-Volume Set (eBook, PDF)357,95 €
- The Focal Press Companion to the Constructed Image in Contemporary Photography (eBook, PDF)31,95 €
- The Pioneering Photographic Work of Hercule Florence (eBook, PDF)29,95 €
- Photographic Realism (eBook, PDF)69,95 €
- The Digital Print (eBook, PDF)19,95 €
- Print Like a Pro (eBook, PDF)15,95 €
- The American Annual of Photography and Photographic Times Almanac for 1894 (eBook, PDF)9,95 €
Photography and Doubt reflects on this interest in photography's referential power by discussing it in rigorously historical terms. How was the understanding of photographic realism cultivated in the first place? What do cases of staged and manipulated photography reveal about that realism's hold on audiences across the medium's history? Have doubts about photography's testimonial power stimulated as much knowledge as its realism?
Edited by Sabine T. Kriebel and Andrés Mario Zervigón, Photography and Doubt is the first multi-authored collection specifically designed to explore these questions. Its 13 original essays, illustrated with 73 color images, explore cases when the link between the photographic image and its referent was placed under stress, and when photography was as attuned to its myth-making capabilities as to its claims to authenticity.
Photography and Doubt will serve as a valuable resource for students and scholars in art history, visual and media studies, philosophy, and the history of science and technology.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, B, BG, CY, CZ, D, DK, EW, E, FIN, F, GR, HR, H, IRL, I, LT, L, LR, M, NL, PL, P, R, S, SLO, SK ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: Taylor & Francis Ltd.
- Seitenzahl: 294
- Erscheinungstermin: 25. November 2016
- ISBN-13: 9781317427407
- Artikelnr.: 47381776