- Peacebuilding and Local Ownership (eBook, ePUB)35,95 €
- Liberal Peacebuilding and Global Governance (eBook, PDF)35,95 €
- Statebuilding and Intervention (eBook, PDF)39,95 €
- Defence Reform in Croatia and Serbia--Montenegro (eBook, PDF)21,95 €
- The Political Economy of Peacebuilding in Post-Dayton Bosnia (eBook, PDF)43,95 €
- Statebuilding and State-Formation (eBook, PDF)35,95 €
- The EU, the UN and Collective Security (eBook, PDF)35,95 €
In the context of post-conflict peacebuilding, the idea of local ownership is based upon the premise that no peace process is sustainable in the absence of a meaningful degree of local involvement. Despite growing recognition of the importance of local ownership, however, relatively little attention has been paid to specifying what precisely the concept means or how it might be implemented.
This volume contributes to the ongoing debate on the future of liberal peacebuilding through a critical investigation of the notion of local ownership, and challenges conventional assumptions about who the relevant locals are and what they are expected to own. Drawing on case studies from Bosnia, Afghanistan and Haiti, the text argues that local ownership can only be fostered through a long-term consensus-building process, which involves all levels of the conflict-affected society.
This book will be of great interest to students of peacebuilding, peace and conflict studies, development studies, security studies and IR.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, B, BG, CY, CZ, D, DK, EW, E, FIN, F, GR, HR, H, IRL, I, LT, L, LR, M, NL, PL, P, R, S, SLO, SK ausgeliefert werden.