- William Marshal (eBook, ePUB)8,95 €
- Decolonizing Discipline (eBook, ePUB)24,99 €
- Life in a Medieval Village (eBook, ePUB)7,99 €
- Europe in the High Middle Ages (eBook, ePUB)10,99 €
- Witchcraft and Magic in the Nordic Middle Ages (eBook, ePUB)19,95 €
- Pilgrims to Jerusalem in the Middle Ages (eBook, ePUB)41,95 €
- Constructing kingship (eBook, ePUB)17,95 €
After the long period of decline known as the Dark Ages, medieval Europe experienced a rebirth of scholarship, art, literature, philosophy, and science and began to develop a vision of Western society that remains at the heart of Western civilization today, from the entry of women into professions that had long been closed to them to the early investigations into alchemy that would form the basis of experimental science. On visits to the great cities of Europe-monumental Rome; the intellectually explosive Paris of Peter Abelard and Thomas Aquinas; the hotbed of scientific study that was Oxford; and the incomparable Florence of Dante and Giotto-acclaimed historian Thomas Cahill brilliantly captures the spirit of experimentation, the colorful pageantry, and the passionate pursuit of knowledge that built the foundations for the modern world. BONUS MATERIAL: This ebook edition includes an excerpt from Thomas Cahill's Heretics and Heroes.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, B, BG, CZ, D, DK, EW, E, FIN, F, GR, HR, H, I, LT, L, LR, NL, PL, P, R, S, SLO, SK ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: Knopf Doubleday Publishing Group
- Seitenzahl: 368
- Erscheinungstermin: 28. April 2010
- ISBN-13: 9780307755148
- Artikelnr.: 39249133