- Janacek: Years of a Life Volume 2 (1914-1928) (eBook, ePUB)28,95 €
- Sibelius Volume II: 1904-1914 (eBook, ePUB)14,95 €
- Letters from a Life Volume 3 (1946-1951) (eBook, ePUB)14,95 €
- Shostakovich: A Life Remembered (eBook, ePUB)16,95 €
- Selected Letters of Michael Tippett (eBook, ePUB)12,95 €
- The Ordeal of Ivor Gurney (eBook, ePUB)11,95 €
- Gustav Holst (eBook, ePUB)11,95 €
Volume 1, which goes up to the outbreak of the First World War and Janácek's sixtieth birthday in the summer of 1914, consists of chronological chapters providing a straightforward account of Janácek's life year by year and another forty contextual chapters. Topics include on-going sequences ('Music as autobiography I', etc.; 'Janácek's knowledge of opera I', etc.) and individual chapters on Janácek as a teacher, as a theorist, as an music ethnographer, on his speech-melody theory, his relationship to particularly influential operas (Tchaikovsky's Queen of Spades, Charpentier's Louise), on his mentors (such as Antonín Dvorák) and his bêtes noires (such as Karel Kovarovic). A particular feature are the specially commissioned chapters on Janácek's health by Dr Stephen Lock (one of the editors of the Oxford Illustrated Companion to Medicine, OUP 1994 and 2001, editor of the British Medical Journal, 1975-91, and a Janácek enthusiast since the early postwar broadasts on the Third Programme), and on Janácek's earnings and finances by Dr Jirí Zahrádka (curator of the Janácek archive in Brno, and editor of authentic editions of Sárka and The Excursions of Mr Broucek).
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, D ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: Faber And Faber Ltd.
- Erscheinungstermin: 03.03.2011
- ISBN-13: 9780571261130
- Artikelnr.: 38224120