- Militant Islamist Ideology (eBook, ePUB)10,95 €
- Democratization in the Muslim World (eBook, ePUB)32,95 €
- Ten Political Ideas that Have Shaped the Modern World (eBook, ePUB)44,95 €
- Polarized Families, Polarized Parties (eBook, ePUB)58,95 €
- First to the Party (eBook, ePUB)53,95 €
- tolino shine 3109,00 €
- Moral Victories in the Battle for Congress (eBook, ePUB)51,95 €
Through this framework, the contributors observe a general tendency in Islamist politics. Although Islamist parties represent diverse interests and behaviors that are tied to their particular domestic contexts, through repeated elections they often come to operate less as antiestablishment parties and more in line with the political norms of the regimes in which they compete. While a few parties have deliberately chosen to remain on the fringes of their political system, most have found significant political rewards in changing their messages and behavior to attract more centrist voters. As the impact of the Arab Spring continues to be felt, Islamist Parties and Political Normalization in the Muslim World offers a nuanced and timely perspective of Islamist politics in broader global context.
Contributors: Wenling Chan, Julie Chernov Hwang, Joseph Chinyong Liow, Driss Maghraoui, Quinn Mecham, Ali Riaz, Murat Somer, Stacey Philbrick Yadav, Saloua Zerhouni.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, D ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: University of Pennsylvania Press, Inc.
- Seitenzahl: 240
- Erscheinungstermin: 9. Juni 2014
- ISBN-13: 9780812209723
- Artikelnr.: 41306332